Sunday, April 24, 2011

Walls of Love

I feel as though I'm being trapped in a box with the walls thickly weaved with Love. In every direction there is some form of someone loving me stopping me from doing something that I want to do, or trying to break free.
All my life I've seen Graduation as a time to heal my clipped wings and learn to fly, but now that high school is coming to an end I feel like that's the polar opposite of what is happening. My clipped wings don't seem to be healing, they seem to be scarring and growing heavier. They aren't lifting me high above the horizon, they're anchoring me to only what I've known.
My heart is telling me that there's a world beyond what I can see, new planes to discover, new people to meet, but my life, that love that is surrounding me is putting up walls that block out the new sun that I have yet to see. The Love that's protecting me is shielding my eyes from the stars I've yet to count. There are friends in the world whose names I'm yet to learn, love in the lands I am yet to experience, and stories that as still to be written.
But there's a box that's pushing the day of my beginning far from the day of the ending that is to come. A box that is loving.. a box that is stiffling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment