Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

This day, Easter, is a day to remind us of the greatest event known to man kind, the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If the story of Jesus was such that Jesus was born a blessed and Godly man, who lived his life for God and taught his ways and died a martyr's death for the God that he loved and served, and then was buried in his tomb as a holy man, with his earthly story ending there, Christianity would be an empty religion.

There would be no hope for man kind. Death would still have the upper hand. Blood would still have to be shed for the atoning of sins. Satan would have conquered Jesus, and stopped his plan for the salvation of man.

That is not how the story goes though.

Jesus is more than a man Blessed by God. He was simply born into this world, he was sent from his rightful throne in heaven. He more than lived his life for God, for he was God living his life for us. He was enduring the trials and tribulations of man kind, the rejection and the hatred coming from those he loved, and the denial of the ones who said they loved him. Jesus did not died because of who he believed in, but because of who he was. He was the Son of God, the Blessed Lamb, the Perfect Sacrifice.

In the "end" Jesus' life wasn't simply taken from him. He LET himself be KILLED. More brutally than many of us can even fathom in our day and age. Jesus willingly took on the burden of the sins of every man to walk this earth, a burden he did not deserve and gave up his spirit as his Father turned his face away from his only son, whom he loved so deeply.



I praise the Lord that the His story doesn't end there. A dead man has no power, and that is why Easter is so special to me, and why it deserves to be more special to all. Jesus being God, had and has power of the grave. Death, the final holding room of everyman was not strong enough to hold in Jesus. That is why Christianity is a religion worth living. For our God is a living God. Our Jesus is not just a martyr who we can appreciate, but a living man who we can have a relationship with, and spend an eternity with.



I'm sure many know the Easter story inside out, but most, myself included don't appreciate it enough. We owe everything to Our God. Everyday of our life belongs to him. He gave his life for us, he defeated the grave for us. He loves us more than we can know how to love.

I wish everyday I would think about Jesus' sacrifice for me, maybe then I could truely begin to live my life as my life should be lived, for Jesus, not for myself.



Thank you Lord Jesus. I can never thank you enough for what you have done for me. Thank you for suffering for my sins so that I might not have to, so that I might be able to join you in eternity some day. Thank you for not resting in the tomb, but coming back and defeating death so that the filthy sinners of the world may have life. There is no more merciful of a god than you, no more powerful, and no more ALIVE than the God that I serve.

Thank you, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment