Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poem

My radio hums as the CD spins,
The tales owl city tells about to begin.
The CD you gave me with clever tricks,
Weaves memories and dreams into a strange mix.
Nameable emotions are running few,
As I hear the sweet music and Think of You.

Taking a deep breath of the summer air,
I watch the sunset with it's colors so rare.
My heart bleeds to share all that I'm seeing,
With you sunsets create a grand evening.
Proverbial feelings rise and breakthrough
As the moon becomes clear; I find I Miss You.

My covers are warm as I pull them tight,
Putting myself to bed without your goodnight.
I close my lids to see your dark eyes,
Feel your lips, your arms, and your haunting goodbyes.
No soul can get you as much as I do.
Selfish desires tell me that I want you.

Broken I'd be as I lay in your arms,
I remember you'd protect me from life's harms.
My battle is full of orcs and dark wraiths,
but you're my Aragorn, in you I have faith,
In war you'll win if you don't go askew,
I'm a fair maiden; I Desperately Need You.

You surpass the most handsome prince charming,
Knights in shining armor find you alarming.
Your eyes read in me what most seem to miss,
The sweetest sensation is shamed by your kiss.
I open my eyes and I find it true,
When I think or dream, I realize I Love You...

1 comment:

  1. You said no one comments.



    So, I did.

    I love you sister.

    ReplyDelete